BRONX, N.Y. – Highlighted by three members of the Concordia College New York women's cross country team setting new 5K personal records, the Clippers posted a 12th place team finish at the Queensborough Invitational on Sunday afternoon.
• The Queensborough Invitational featured 109 runners from 13 programs.
• Monroe College was the top team finisher at the Queensborough Invitational, while Claudia Serna from the City College of New York was the first runner to finish.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Sophomore Irene Pirn was the first Clipper to cross the finish line, posting a PR time of 30:35.6
• Senior Yeisy Cruz ran a 32:58.4 5K.
• Senior Taylor Scruggs set her 5K PR with a 35:19.1 time.
• Nicole Triassi rounded out the Clippers with a personal-best time of 36:48.6
The women's cross country team participates in its final event at Van Cortland Park of the season on Sunday, Sept. 22 in the York Invitational.