BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – The Concordia College New York women's tennis completed its seventh undefeated Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) regular season on Thursday afternoon, setting a new league record in a 7-0 victory over visiting Post University.
• Concordia improves to 11-0, 9-0 in CACC play.
• Post falls to 6-7, 4-4 in league action.
• The nine conference victories this season is the most by a women's tennis team in CACC history.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Junior Ann Kathrin Wirlitsch (Dresden, Germany) and freshman Alexandra Dumitrescu (Spring, Texas) cruised to a 6-1 victory over Sabrina Martino and Sadie Storm at the third doubles slot.
• Junior Angelica Karlsson Hantzis (Fuengirola, Malaga, Spain) and Torres Martin bested Andrea Sandoval and Areej Fareh 6-2 at the top position.
• Rosberg outlasted Sandoval at the first singles position 6-1, 6-1.
• Karlsson Hantzis won back-to-back 6-1 sets against Fareh at the second flight.
• Torres Martin prevailed against Mourier on the third court, 6-3, 6-3.
• Dumitrescu swept Martino at the fifth position 6-0, 6-0.
• Junior Katrina Sta Cruz (Las Vegas, Nev.) bested Storm on the sixth court 6-0, 6-1.
• Palero won three-straight games in the second set against Dereban after taking the opener at the fourth slot 6-0 for a 6-0, 7-5 triumph.
The Clippers face the winner of the fourth seed vs fifth seed matchup in the opening round of the 2019 CACC Championship in the semifinals on Friday, Oct. 25 at Post University.