BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – Sophomore Angelica Karlsson Hantzis (Fuengirola, Malaga, Spain) pushed her Division I opponents to the brink in both singles and doubles play on Monday afternoon, forcing her Fairleigh Dickinson University counterpart to three sets in singles action, in the Concordia College New York women's tennis team's 7-0 setback to the visiting Knights.
• Concordia falls to 13-6 overall.
• Fairleigh Dickinson improves to 5-4
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Senior Kristel Kalm (Stockholm, Sweden) and sophomore Franziska Putschbach (Moenchweiler, Germany) fell against Anamaria Vladescu and Tatiana Eftenoiu 6-2 at the second doubles position.
• At the top doubles flight, the duo of sophomores Karlsson Hantzis and Josefina Torres Martin (Miami, Fla.) fell 7-5 against Marta Russzczynska and Aleksandra Vorozheinkina.
• In singles action, Sta Cruz fell 6-1, 6-1 to Carolin Menzen on court six.
• Kalm fell against Patricia Eftenoiu at the second position 6-2, 6-2.
• Torres Martin fell in a competitive opening set at the third slot 7-5 against Vorozheikina before dropping the second stanza 6-2.
• Putschbach battled in the opening frame against Liza Rachenko on court four, falling 7-6 before a 6-1 second-set setback.
• Mrewa fell in a back-and-forth opening set against Singh at the fourth flight 7-5 and 6-3 in the second.
• Karlsson Hantzis prevailed in her opening set against Ruszczynska at the top position 6-4, with her FDU foe forcing a third set behind a 6-3 result followed by a 6-4 third-set setback.
The women's tennis team returns to action on Friday, April 5 against Brooklyn College in a 3:00 p.m. interdivisional match.