BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – Redshirt-sophomore keeper Sophia Cogan (Seal Beach, Calif.) stopped a season-best 12 shots on Saturday afternoon against Goldey-Beacom College, with the Concordia College New York women's soccer team dropping a 5-0 Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) decision to the visiting Lightning.
• Concordia falls to 4-7-1, 2-5-1 in CACC play.
• Goldey-Beacom improves to 7-3-2, 6-1-1 in league action.
• Redshirt-junior forward Sara Calvert (Apple Valley, Calif.) took two shots with one on target.
• For Goldey-Beacom, Jenna Fannon and Line Kristoffersen each scored twice with Kiera Young adding one goal while Ali Henrequez dished out two assists with Fannon, Emily Woolvin and Abby Lombard all chipping in one assist.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Henrequez found Kristoffersen in the 26th minute to give GBC a 1-0 lead.
• Cogan stopped Fannon's shot in the 68th minute only for Kristofferson to recover the rebound and place the ball into the goal to create a 2-0 score.
• Goldey-Beacom extended the separation in the 75th minute off a Young goal from Lombard.
• Fannon scored back-to-back goals in the 86th and 90th minute to create the final score.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia took eight shots with one on target, GBC took 28 with 17 on goal.
• Both sides took two corner kicks.
• Neither sides received a caution.
The Clippers host Caldwell University on Wednesday, Oct. 23 with kickoff set for 3 p.m.