BRONXVILLE, NY – Concordia will travel to face Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) North Division opponent Post University Tuesday evening as the two teams will meet for the second time this regular season. Tip-off at Drubner Center in Waterbury, CT is set for 6pm. The Eagles lead the all-time series, 7-2, versus the Clippers since their first meeting during the 1997-98 season.
CONCORDIA VS. POST
- Concordia won the first game during the 1997-98 season, 77-62, in Waterbury, CT.
- The Clippers are on a four game losing streak against the Eagles.
- The last time Concordia and Post met (Jan. 24, 2012), the Eagles won 83-74 in Bronxville, NY. Krystina Agard (Queens, NY) led the Clippers in scoring as she scored 23 points including 13-of-14 from the foul line. Agard also had three rebounds, a block, a steal and an assist in 37 minutes of action. Chanessa Blakemore (Albany, NY) recorded her 11th double-double of the season as she scored 16 points and grabbed 13 rebounds.
- All-Time Series Results:
|1997-98 Season:||Concordia, 77-62||Feb. 9, 2010:||Post, 65-55|
|Nov. 28, 2005:||Post, 78-76||Dec. 7, 2010:||Post, 62-53|
|Feb. 18, 2008:||Post, 75-70||Jan. 19, 2011:||Post, 72-59|
|Jan. 19, 2009:||Post, 76-52||Jan. 24, 2012:||Post, 83-74|
|Jan. 19, 2010:||Concordia, 68-42|
THE CONCORDIA COLLEGE CLIPPERS (7-15, 6-9 CACC)
- Picked to finish 6th in CACC North Division preseason poll, currently 5th in the North Division standings.
- Concordia previously defeated Wilmington (DE), 78-71, on Monday evening. Mariah Berry (Southington, CT) led the Clippers in scoring with a career-high 20 points and also added 11 rebounds for her first career double-double. Blakemore recorded her 14th double-double of the season with an 11 point and 17 rebound performance. Sade Jones (Patterson, NJ) added 18 points while Tara-Ann Rock (Queens, NY) came off the bench to score 12 points in 18 minutes of playing time.
- Agard leads the team in points per game (17.2), assists per game (3.1) and steals per game (2.1).
- Blakemore is currently 2nd in NCAA Division II with an average of 13.6 rebounds per game, tied for 7th in blocked shots per game (3.0) and 6th with 13 double-doubles according to the national statistics that were released on Feb. 5.
- As a team, the Clippers are 8th in Division II with 5.5 blocks per game.
- In the CACC, Concordia is 2nd in blocks (5.5) while Blakemore is 1st in rebounds per game (13.8) and Agard is tied for 4th in points per game (17.2).
THE POST UNIVERSITY EAGLES (5-15, 3-10 CACC)
- Picked to finish tied for 6th in CACC North Division preseason poll, currently 6th in the North Division standings.
- Post previously fell to Georgian Court, 72-65, on Saturday afternoon. Kelli Reynolds scored a game-high 21 points while adding six rebounds. Aubrey Latham added 17 points and a team-high nine rebounds as the Eagles were outscored in the paint by a margin of 36-14.
- Latham leads the team averaging 14.6 points per game as she also has the most assists per game (2.2). Three players for Post average double figures per game while Monique Chance leads the team in rebounding (10.4).
- In the CACC, the Eagles record the third most rebounds per game (44.4) and record the fewest steals (6.6).