BRONXVILLE, NY – Concordia will travel to battle Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) opponent Nyack College on Tuesday afternoon as the two teams will meet for the second time. Tip-off at the Bowman Center in Nyack, NY is set for 6pm. The Clippers lead the all-time series 9-8 versus the Warriors since the 1976-77 season according to historical records.
CONCORDIA VS. NYACK
- Concordia won their first meeting on Dec. 9, 1976 in Bronxville, NY.
- Since joining the CACC in 2009, Concordia is 2-3 in conference games against Nyack.
- Last season the teams split their two meetings.
- The last time Concordia and Nyack met (Dec. 6, 2011), the Clippers won 82-60 in Bronxville, NY. Krystina Agard (Queens, NY) and Chanessa Blakemore (Albany, NY) both led the Clippers with 23 points apiece on a combined 13-of-22 shooting from the field and a combined 18-of-23 from the foul line. Blakemore recorded a game-high 20 rebounds, five steals and three blocks. Tara-Ann Rock (Queens, NY) came off the bench to score 10 points and chip in with four rebounds and three steals.
- All-Time Series Results:
|Dec. 9, 1976:||Concordia||Nov. 17, 2006:||Nyack, 72-48|
|Feb. 18, 1978:||Concordia, 96-32||Feb. 11, 2008:||Concordia, 55-54|
|Feb. 17, 1979:||Nyack, 53-50||Jan. 8, 2009:||Nyack, 82-51|
|Jan. 14, 1980:||Nyack, 52-44||Jan. 7, 2010:||Nyack, 52-44|
|Dec. 6, 1980:||Nyack, 41-38||Feb. 4, 2010:||Nyack, 56-37|
|Jan. 24, 1983:||Concordia, 74-30||Jan. 6, 2011:||Nyack, 56-37|
|Jan. 16, 1984:||Concordia, 76-22||Feb. 3, 2011:||Concordia, 77-68|
|Jan. 7, 1995:||Concordia, 83-43||Dec. 6, 2011:||Concordia, 82-60|
|Dec. 14, 2004:||Concordia, 60-37|
THE CONCORDIA COLLEGE CLIPPERS (4-10, 3-4 CACC)
- Picked to finish 6th in CACC North Division preseason poll.
- The Clippers previously defeated Chestnut Hill, 69-65, on Saturday afternoon. Agard and Sade Jones (Patterson, NJ) both led Concordia with 20 points apiece. Agard added seven rebounds, five steals, five assists and two blocks while Jones chipped in with six rebounds and shot 4-of-6 from beyond the three-point line.
- Agard leads the team in points per game (17.8), assists per game (3.4) and steals per game (2.6).
- Blakemore is currently 4th in NCAA Division II with an average of 12.6 rebounds per game, 8th in blocked shots per game (2.7) and 10th with 7 double-doubles according to the national statistics that were released on Jan. 5th.
- In the CACC, Concordia leads the conference in blocks per game (5.6) while Blakemore is 1st in rebounds per game (12.6) and Agard is 4th in points per game (17.8).
THE NYACK COLLEGE WARRIORS (0-10, 0-5 CACC)
- Picked to finish 5th in CACC North Division preseason poll.
- The Warriors are on an 11 game losing streak and have not won a game since Feb. 23, 2011.
- Nyack previously fell to Holy Family, 70-45, on Saturday afternoon. Brittany Mitchell led the Warriors with 13 points on 5-of-11 shooting from the field. Khamari Tellis was the only other player to score double figures for Nyack as she finished with 11 points.
- Tellis leads the team averaging 9.0 points per game.
- In the CACC, Nyack is ranked second to last in field goal percentage (29.7%) and assists per game (8.4). As a team, the Warriors commit the most turnovers per game (29.2) and as a result they are last in points per game (47.6).