BRONXVILLE, NY – Concordia will host Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) opponent Chestnut Hill College on Saturday afternoon as the two teams will meet for their only regular season meeting. Tip-off at the Meyer Athletic Center in Bronxville, NY is set for 1pm. According to historical records, the series is tied at 1-1 in head-to-head games since the 2009-10 season.
CONCORDIA VS. CHESTNUT HILL
- Chestnut Hill won their first meeting 64-59 on Feb. 20, 2010 in Bronxville, NY.
- When these two teams meet, the road team has won in both games.
- In last year's 60-54 win, Krystina Agard (Queens, NY) led the Clippers with 24 points on 6-of-12 shooting from the field and 8-of-8 from the foul line. Agard also added nine rebounds, six steals and three blocks. Chanessa Blakemore (Albany, NY) recorded a double-double as she scored 17 points and grabbed 14 rebounds.
- All-Time Series Results:
|Feb. 20, 2010:||Chestnut Hill, 64-59|
|Feb. 19, 2011:||Concordia, 60-54|
THE CONCORDIA COLLEGE CLIPPERS (3-10, 2-4 CACC)
- Picked to finish 6th in CACC North Division preseason poll.
- Begin the season playing seven of their first eight games on the road.
- The Clippers previously lost 65-52 to Caldwell on Thursday evening. Agard led the Clippers with 17 points while adding five rebounds, two steals, an assist and a block. Blakemore scored 11 points and a team-high 12 rebounds for her seventh double-double of the season. She also recorded six steals, four blocks and two assists.
- Agard leads the team in points per game (17.6), assists per game (3.2) and steals per game (2.5).
- Blakemore is currently 3rd in NCAA Division II with an average of 12.7 rebounds per game, 10th in DII with 6 double-doubles and 13th in DII with 2.6 blocks per game according to the national statistics that were released on Monday.
- Concordia leads the conference in blocks per game (5.7).
THE CHESTNUT HILL COLLEGE GRIFFINS (2-10, 1-4 CACC)
- Picked to finish 5th in the CACC South Division preseason poll.
- The Griffins previously fell to USciences, 74-50, on Tuesday. Olivia Gorczynski led the team with 12 points off the bench. Lindsay Alexander was the only other player to finish in double figures (11 points) for Chestnut Hill.
- The Griffins are 1-5 on the road this season.
- Their only road win came against Wilmington (DE) which is also their only conference win.
- Alexander leads the team with 16.6 points per game as she is the only player who averages double figures in points.
- Chestnut Hill has the second lowest free throw percentage in the conference.