BRONXVILLE, NY – Concordia will travel to battle Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) opponent Caldwell College on Thursday evening as the two teams will meet for the second time this season. Tip-off at the Newman Center in Caldwell, NJ is set for 6pm. Concordia leads the all-time series 7-6 since the 1983-84 season according to historical records.
CONCORDIA VS. CALDWELL
- Concordia won their first meeting 94-61 on Jan. 21, 1984 in Bronxville, NY.
- The Clippers won the first 7 straight meetings while the Cougars have won the last 6 in a row.
- Last season the Cougars won both games by a margin of 20 points.
- Krystina Agard (Queens, NY) led the Clippers with 20 points on 6-of-12 shooting from the field and 7-of-8 from the foul line. Agard also added six assists, three rebounds, two blocks and a steal. Mariah Berry (Southington, CT) came off the bench to score a career-high 15 points on 6-of-12 shooting from the field and chipped in with five rebounds and two steals.
- All-Time Series Results:
|Jan. 21, 1984:||Concordia, 94-61|
|Feb. 2, 1984:||Concordia, 85-61|
|Dec. 5, 1984:||Concordia, 72-44|
|Jan. 29, 1985:||Concordia, 56-42|
|Jan. 23, 1986:||Concordia, 69-40|
|1986-87 Season:||Concordia, 85-60|
|1997-98 Season:||Concordia, 73-59|
|Dec. 3, 2007:||Caldwell, 83-40|
|Jan. 21, 2010:||Caldwell, 73-60|
|Feb. 18, 2010:||Caldwell, 64-52|
|Jan. 10, 2011:||Caldwell, 76-58|
|Feb. 15, 2011:||Caldwell, 90-68|
|Dec. 8, 2011:||Caldwell, 80-68|
THE CONCORDIA COLLEGE CLIPPERS (3-9, 2-3 CACC)
- Picked to finish 6th in CACC North Division preseason poll.
- Begin the season playing seven of their first eight games on the road.
- The Clippers previously fell to Bellarmine University, 73-5, at home on Dec. 14th. Chanessa Blakemore (Albany, NY) scored a team-high 15 points and 12 rebounds for her sixth double-double of the season. She also recorded an impressive seven blocks along with two steals and an assist. Megan Burns (Staten Island, NY) and Sade Jones (Patterson, NJ) both scored 12 points on a combined 9-of-19 shooting from the field which included all six of Concordia's three-point baskets.
- Agard leads the team in points per game (17.7), assists per game (3.4) and steals per game (2.5).
- Blakemore is currently 3rd in NCAA Division II with an average of 12.7 rebounds per game, 10th in DII with 6 double-doubles and 13th in DII with 2.6 blocks per game.
- Concordia leads the conference in blocks per game (5.7).
THE CALDWELL COLLEGE COUGARS (7-5, 4-1 CACC)
- Picked to finish 1st in the CACC North Division preseason poll.
- Last season the Cougars won the regular season title in the North Division.
- The Cougars defeated Queens College on the road, 71-56, on Dec. 19th. First-Year Forward, Emily Caswell, scored a career-high 18 points in the victory.
- The Cougars are 2-0 at home this season.
- Jeanette Anderson leads the team with 16.7 points and 10.8 rebounds per game as the team has 3 players averaging in double figures.
Fans unable to attend the game can follow the action via Live Video.