BRONXVILLE, NY – Concordia will travel to Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) opponent Georgian Court University on Saturday to conclude their third game in five days. Tip-off at the Wellness Center in Lakewood, NJ is set for 12pm. The Lions lead the all-time series 5-3 since the 1982-83 season according to historical records.
CONCORDIA VS. GEORGIAN COURT
- Georgian Court won their first meeting 74-53 on Feb. 25, 1983.
- The Clippers are 0-3 all-time against the Lions when the game has been played in Lakewood.
- The last time Concordia and Georgian Court met (Jan. 27, 2011), the Clippers won 73-58 in Bronxville, NY. Chanessa Blakemore (Albany, NY) led the Clippers with a team-high 20 points on 7-of-9 shooting from the field, 20 rebounds and 12 blocks.
THE CONCORDIA COLLEGE CLIPPERS (2-8, 1-3 CACC)
- Picked to finish 6th in CACC North Division preseason poll.
- Begin the season playing seven of their first eight games on the road.
- Concordia previously fell to Caldwell College 80-68 on Thursday evening at home.
- Krystina Agard (Queens, NY) leads the team in points per game (17.0), assists per game (3.6) and steals per game (2.5).
- Concordia leads the conference in blocks per game (5.4).
THE GEORGIAN COURT UNIVERSITY LIONS (1-6, 0-2 CACC)
- Picked to finish 7th in the CACC South Division preseason poll.
- The Lions previously fell to Goldey-Beacom College 74-59 on Thursday evening.
- Georgian Court's only win came at Mercy College on Nov. 22 in a 76-58 victory.
- The Lions have lost their conference games by an average of 16.5 points per game.
- Shauneia McPhearson leads the team with 14.0 points per game and shoots a team-best 74.2% from the foul line.
- Georgian Court leads the conference in steals per game (13.7) and has the worst three-point percentage in the conference (18.8).
Fans unable to attend the game can follow the action via Live Video.