BRONXVILLE, NY – Concordia will host Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) opponent Caldwell College this Thursday, two days after securing their first conference victory of the season. Tip-off at the Meyer Athletic Center in Bronxville, NY is set for 5pm. Concordia leads the all-time series 7-5 since the 1983-84 season according to historical records.
CONCORDIA VS. CALDWELL
- Concordia won their first meeting 94-61 on Jan. 21, 1984 in Bronxville, NY.
- The Clippers won the first 7 straight meetings while the Cougars have won the last 5 in a row.
- The Clippers are 4-2 all-time against Caldwell at home and since joining the CACC in 2009, Concordia is 0-4 in conference games against Caldwell.
- Last season the Cougars won both games by a margin of 20 points.
- The last time Concordia and Caldwell met (Feb. 15, 2011), the Cougars won 90-68 in Caldwell, NJ. Former player Shelley Monahan (Exeter, RI) led the Clippers with a team-high 28 points on 12-of-24 shooting from the field and also added five rebounds, three steals, two assists and a block.
THE CONCORDIA COLLEGE CLIPPERS (2-7, 1-2 CACC)
- Picked to finish 6th in CACC North Division preseason poll.
- Begin the season playing seven of their first eight games on the road.
- Concordia previously defeated Nyack College 82-60 on Tuesday evening at home.
- The Clippers' win on Tuesday was the first victory in the month of December since 2005.
- Agard leads the team in points per game (16.7), assists per game (3.3) and steals per game (2.7).
- Concordia leads the conference in blocks per game (5.3).
THE CALDWELL COLLEGE COUGARS (3-5, 2-1 CACC)
- Picked to finish 1st in the CACC North Division preseason poll.
- The Cougars previously defeated Felician College 77-73 on Tuesday evening.
- After beginning the season 1-5, Caldwell has won two straight games (both being conference games).
- Last season the Cougars won the regular season title in the North Division.
- Torey Jones leads the team with 15.4 points per game as the team has 3 players averaging in double figures.