WATERBURY, Conn. – Junior midfielder Alessandro Battaglia (White Plains, N.Y.) scored his fourth goal of the year in the second half of Tuesday afternoon's Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) match at Post University, but a three-goal opening half by the host Eagles proved too much to overcome in a 4-1 setback.
• Concordia falls to 6-3 overall, 5-1 in CACC play.
• Post improves to 6-1-2, 4-0-1 in league action.
• Battaglia took a team-high seven shots with four on target.
• Senior midfielder Elad Katz (Tel Aviv, Israel) tallied his first assist of the season.
• Junior keeper Mikael Varin (Toulouse, France) stopped six shots.
• For Post, Sergio Diaz scored three goals with an assist while Alvaro Sanchez chipped in one goal.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Diaz scored back-to-back goals in the 26th and 27th minutes to propel the host to an early 2-0 advantage.
• Diaz found Sanchez in the 40th minute to create a 3-0 halftime score
• Katz connected with Battaglia in the 85th minute to make it 3-1.
• Diaz increased the separation in the 89th minute with an unassisted goal.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia took 17 shots with nine on target, Post took 19 with 10 on goal.
• Concordia held a 5-1 advantage in corner kicks.
• Concordia received two cautions while Post received one with one ejection.
The Clippers venture to Nyack College on Wednesday, Oct. 16 for a 7 p.m. contest.