EASTON, Mass. – Freshman forward Johan Feilscher (Bad Bramstedt, Germany) scored his first two collegiate goals for the Concordia College New York men's soccer team on Saturday afternoon, but host Stonehill College recorded three unanswered goals in-between the pair of strikes in a 3-2 setback.
• Concordia falls to 1-2.
• Stonehill improves to 2-2.
• Feilscher took three shots, all on goal, with two goals.
• Senior forward Freddy Nava (Yonkers, N.Y.) recorded his first assist of the year
• Junior forward Nemanja Zivanovic (Belgrade, Serbia) tallied his first assist as a Clipper while taking on shot on goal.
• Junior forward Dennis Limani (Norderstedt, Germany) took a team-high four shots, two on target.
• Freshman keeper Christopher Kaev (Melbourne, Australia) stopped three shots in 45 minutes in goal.
• For Stonehill, Keagan Nutt, Ryan Chieffo and Michael McShane all scored with Trevor Tubbs recording one assist.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Feilscher scored his first goal as a Clipper in the 27th minute off a pass from Nava to give the Clippers an early 1-0 lead.
• Stonehill evened the score on a penalty kick attempt from Nutt in the 30th minute.
• Tubbs found Chieffo two minutes into the second half to give the host a 2-1 lead.
• Stonehill added separation in the 66th minute with McShane scoring an unassisted goal.
• Feilscher found the back of the net again in the 70th minute, with Zivanovic finding his teammate for a long-range strike.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia took 14 shots with 10on target, Stonehill took 11 with seven on goal.
• Both sides took four corner kicks.
• Concordia received two cautions.
The Clippers begin Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) play on Saturday, Sept. 21 at Holy Family University in a 2:30 p.m. contest.