COLCHESTER, Vt. – The Concordia College New York men's soccer team played its first match of the 2019 season on Saturday afternoon, taking more shots than host Saint Michael's College but unable to get one past the Purple Knights in a 3-0 setback.
• Concordia falls to 0-1.
• Saint Michael's improves to 2-0.
• Junior forward Dennis Limani (Norderstedt, Germany) took two shots, both on target.
• Senior midfielder Cristian Perez (Boynton Beach, Fla.) fired off two shots.
• Sophomore goalie Christopher Kaev (Melbourne, Australia) held Saint Michael's off the scoreboard over the final 17:34 minutes of play while stopping a pair of shots.
• For SMC, Luc Dionne, Ryan DiNapoli and Mikael Ameris all scored while Miguel Diaz, Kyle Brady and Kevin Sullivan each tallied an assist.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• The host took an early 1-0 lead in the seventh minute of place with a goal from Dionne off a Diaz assist.
• Saint Michael's extended the separation to 2-0 in the 40th minute off a DiNapoli strike from Brady
• The Purple Knights created a 3-0 halftime score with Sullivan finding Ameris with under a minute left in the half.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia took nine shots with five on target, SMC took eight with six on goal.
• Both teams took six corner kicks.
• Concordia received two cautions while Saint Michael's received one.
The Clippers trek to the College of Staten Island on Wednesday, Sept. 11 for a 4 p.m. contest.