GOLDSBORO, N.C. – Senior Kanoon Bunthanawong (Chonburi, Thailand) and sophomore Minwoo Park (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) shaved a combined 17 strokes off their scores in the second round on Monday afternoon, leading the Concordia College New York men's golf team to a 307 second-round mark and 629 (+53) team score at The Trojan to tie for seventh.
• The Trojan, hosted by the University of Mount Olive, features 13 teams and 72 individuals.
• Newberry College sported the lowest overall score after the opening 36 holes with a 588 (+12) mark.
• Ben Thompson from Newberry led the individual field with 143 (-1) score.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• After opening play with an 82, Park shot a 74 in the second round to finsih in a tie for 22nd with a 156 (+12) mark.
• Bunthanawong recovered from an 83 opening-round outing with a 74 card to jump into a tie for 27th with a 157 (+13) score.
• Junior Tyler Lanza (New Milford, Conn.) shot rounds of 79 and 80 to tie for 32nd with a 159 (+15) 36-round tally.
• Freshman Gabe Goodman (Lakewood, Colo.) tallied marks of 81 and 79 for a 160 (+16) score to tie for 34th.
• Senior Evan Hong (Houston, Texas) sported an 80 on the opening-18 and 81 over the second round to tie for 37th with a 161 (+17) score.
• Participating as an individual, sophomore Santiago Luna (Bogota, Columnia) shot back-to-back 82s for a 164 (+20) that ties for 45th.
• Participating as an individual, freshman Kieran McMullen (Castle Pines, Colo.) showed a four-stroke improvement between round, using an 81 second-round mark to finish tied for 49th with a 166 (+22) tally.
The men's golf team travels to Syracuse, N.Y. to participate in the Mike Bello Spring Invite on Thursday, April 11, with play continuing on Friday, April 12.