BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – Freshman guard/forward Dan Porcic (Putnam, Conn.) led the Concordia College New York men's basketball team in scoring in his first outing inside the Meyer Athletic Center with 14 points on Wednesday evening, helping the Clippers go into halftime against Assumption College in a one-possession contest before a strong second half by the visitors propelling them to an 86-61 decision.
• Concordia falls to 0-3.
• Assumption improves to 3-0.
• Porcic chipped in three rebounds, one steal and one block to his team-high points total.
• Junior forward Alex White Jr. (Middletown, Conn.) pulled down a team-high 12 rebounds on top of two blocks.
• Sophomore forward Devon Sims (Centreville, Va.) chipped in 13 points with five rebounds and a pair of steals.
• Freshman guard Dion Herrington (Englewood, N.J.) dished out four assists with eight points and one steal.
• For Assumption, Matthew Kelly scored 25 points with three steals while Branislav Vujadinovic boasted 16 points with 10 rebounds and Patrick Fleming tallied seven assists.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• White Jr. scored the first basket inside the MAC this season, only for back-to-back baskets by the visitors including a triple making it 5-2 with 16:43 left in the half.
• Concordia evened the score at 7-all, but a 9-2 stretch by Assumption created a 16-9 separation with 12:17 left in the half.
• Concordia used a 10-2 rally to take a slim 19-18 lead, only for a 10 run by the Greyhounds flipping the advantage with the visiting side creating a double-digit lead at 33-23 with 3:39 left in the half.
• Concordia ended the half on an 11-4 run, getting within one at 35-34 in the final minute before a Greyhounds basket created a 37-34 halftime score.
• Assumption opened the second the second half on a 22-4 run to hold a 59-38 advantage with 12:09 remaining the contest.
• Concordia cut the separation to 17 at 69-52 off an 8-0 run, only for a 9-0 retort by Assumption making it 78-52 with 3:09 left to play.
• Neither side connected on back-to-back baskets for the remainder of the contest to create the final score.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• The Clippers converted on 23-66 shots, going 4-22 from three-point territory and 11-14 from the free throw line.
• Assumption finished 32-69 from the field, 12-34 from distance and 10-15 from the free throw line.
• Concordia recorded 15 assists while Assumption had 20.
• Assumption held a 44-41 advantage in rebounds.
• Concordia committed 19 turnovers, resulting in 18 points for the visitors. Assumption had 13 turnovers, leading to eigh tpoints.
• Concordia' bench scored 12 points while the Greyhounds got 29 from its bench.
• Concordia recorded eight steals with four blocks while Assumption stole the ball 10 times with one block.
The men's basketball team ventures to Pace University on Saturday, Nov. 16 with tip-off set for 3:30 p.m.