LAKE WORTH, Fla. – Sophomore designate hitter Hermes Abreu (Bayshore, N.Y.) and sophomore catcher Josh Corredor (St. Cloud, Fla) both got on base twice for the Concordia College New York baseball team on Saturday afternoon, but the Clippers were unable to complete the two-game series sweep over Southern Connecticut State University as the Fighting Owls took the contest 4-0.
• Concordia falls to 4-8.
• Southern Conn. State improves to 4-6.
• Abreu went 2-4.
• Corredor went 1-3 with a walk.
• Senior RHP Jack Wall (Levittown, N.Y.) allowed four runs, three earned, off eight hits over 5.0 innings with four strikeouts.
• Junior RHP Jacob Bannon (Glendale, N.Y.) tossed three scoreless frames.
• For Southern Conn. State, Nick Lamberti went 2-4 with a RBI while Jim Palmer went 1-5 with two RBI and a run scored. On the mound for the Fighting Owls, Ronnie Rossomando tossed a complete game with eight strikeouts.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Southern Conn. State scored the opening run of the contest in the bottom of the second with Nolan Cloutier scoring off a Palmer single to take a 1-0 lead.
• Getting two runners on base with no outs in the bottom of the fourth, a Concordia errors allowed both runners to score before a Lamberti single created the final score/.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia tallied six hits while the Fighting Owls had 11.
• Both sides left nine runners on base.
• Concordia committed one error, Southern Conn. Committed two.
The baseball team plays its first game in-state on Tuesday, Mar. 12 at Mercy College with first pitch slatted for 3 p.m.