BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – The Concordia College (N.Y.) women's volleyball team hosted Holy Family University on Wednesday afternoon in a Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) contest, falling against the visiting Tigers 3-0 (25-12, 25-12, 25-11)
• Concordia drops to 0-17 overall, 0-13 in CACC play.
• Holy Family improves to 21-5, 13-1 in league action.
• Junior right-side hitter Tatienne Tugade-Sua (Kalihi, Hawaii) paced the Clippers with nine digs and five kills while chipping in a service ace and assisted block.
• Senior setter Bianca Ortiz (Ponce, Puerto Rico) recorded 11 assists with four digs and a team-best two service aces
• Junior outside hitter Camila Rabassa (Juana Diaz, Puerto Rico) and senior middle blocker Lauren Peters (Monterey Park, Calif.) both assisted on two blocks. Peters now has 36 total blocks on the season, matching her career best set in her freshman campaign.
• For Holy Family, Chase Wassel logged 17 kills on a .433 clip while Morgan Silks recorded 38 assists and Jillian Boyle posted 13 digs.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• After a 3-0 run by Holy Family began the contest, Concordia responded with four of the ensuing five points to knot the score at 4-all. The Clippers briefly took the lead at 8-7, only for a 7-0 Tigers run propelling the visitors to a 13-8 advantage. Concordia cut the separation to four at 14-10, but HFU ended the frame on an 11-2 run.
• Holy Family scored the opening two points, and eight of the initial 10, to quickly take an early 8-2 lead. Concordia responded with a 5-2 stretch to cut the gap to three at 10-7, but eight-straight tallies for the Tigers created a double-digit separation at 18-7.
• Concordia responded to a 3-0 start for Holy Family with an equal retort to even the set at 3-all before an 11-1 run put the Tigers ahead by double-digits at 14-4..
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia finished the match with 17 kills on a .023 hitting percentage versus 43 on a .360 clip for Holy Family.
• HFU held a 44-25 advantage in digs.
• The Clippers served three aces, Holy Family served 11.
• Concordia recorded six assisted blocks for 3.0 total while the Tigers had two solo and six assisted for 5.0.
Concordia hosts Dominican College (N.Y.) on Saturday, Oct. 20 at 6 p.m. as part of the Concordia College Athletic Department's 2018 Homecoming schedule