ORLANDO, Fla. – The Concordia College New York women's tennis team concluded its spring break slate on Friday afternoon against Flagler College, falling to the Saints 7-0.
• Concordia falls to 13-5 overall.
• Flagler improves to 4-4
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Senior Kristel Kalm (Stockholm, Sweden) and sophomore Franziska Putschbach (Moenchweiler, Germany) fell against Felicitas Runkel and Eden Schlagenhauf 6-2 at the second dobules position.
• In singles action, Karlsson Hantzis dropped a 6-1, 6-2 decision against Runkel on court one.
• Kalm fell against Schlagenhauf at the second position 6-4, 6-0.
• Nissen bested Mrewa at the fourth flight, 6-1, 6-4
• Martinez outlasted Sta Cruz at the sixth positon 6-1, 6-1.
• Putschbach fell to Traub on court five 6-3, 6-3.
• Torres Martin rallied in the second set at the third slot after falling in the opening 6-3 but Wang ended the match with a 7-5 result..
The women's tennis team begins a three-match homestand on Monday, Mar. 18 against Fairleigh Dickinson University with first serve slatted for 2 p.m.