BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – The Concordia College (N.Y.) women's soccer team hosted Jefferson University on Saturday afternoon in Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) play, falling to the visiting Rams 2-0. Prior to the start of the contest, the program honored its 2018 senior class of defender Astonia Carey (Basseterre, St. Kitts, West Indies), defender Taylor Codner (Houston, Texas), midfielder Lisa Lausen (Barstow, Calif.), midfielder Maddi Paulson (Kalispell, Mont.) and forward Dayna Darcy (Planedge, N.Y.)
• Concordia falls to 1-12, 1-10 in CACC play.
• Jefferson improves to 7-7-1, 7-4-1 in league action.
• Freshman keeper Jocelyn Hellier (Lithia, Fla.) stopped five shots. Her 112 saves ties Janna Zavala and Patty Northup's totals from the 1999 and 1997 campaigns in the program record book for the seventh-most in a single season.
• Sophomore midfielder Kayla Lanza (New Milford, Conn.) took a two shots with both on target.
• Paulson and Codner each took on shot on goal.
• For Jefferson, Morgan Foster and Sydney Williams each scored a goal while Kelsey Butler tallied an assist.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Butler found Foster in the 69th minute to break a scoreless contest and give Jefferson a 1-0 lead.
• Williams pushed the ball down the field in the 72nd minute and beat Concordia's keeper to extend the separation to 2-0.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia recorded nine shots, four on goal versus 21 with eight on target for Jefferson.
• Jefferson held a 6-0 advantage in corner kicks.
• Neither side received a caution.
The women's soccer team welcomes Post University for the final home match of the season on Wednesday, Oct. 24 at 3 p.m.