PHILADELPHIA – The Concordia College (N.Y.) men's soccer faced off against Jefferson University Tuesday afternoon in the opening round of the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) Championship, playing the host to a scoreless first half before three goals in the opening 20 minutes of the second half propelled the Rams to a 3-1 victory.
• Concordia finishes the 2018 campaign with a 6-8-2 record.
• Jefferson improves to 9-7-2.
• Concordia is 0-5 all-time in the CACC Championship.
• Senior keeper Jaime Gonzalez (Madrid, Spain) stopped six shots. He ends his career second in program record book with 3836:06 minutes, 215 saves and 19 victories, third with nine shutouts on top of a 1.92 goals allowed average and .724 save percentage.
• Freshman forward Marlon Buck (Vienna, Austria) tallied an assist, giving him sole possession of 10th place in the program record book for single-season points with 31 in his first collegiate campaign. His 14 goals in 2018 ranks sixth in the program record book.
• Senior forward John Reed (Longford, Ireland) scored in his final collegiate match. The Genessee CC transfer ends his career with eight goals and three assists for 19 points.
• For Jefferson, Val Mokrejs scored twice with Rashaan Robe scoring once while Charlie Livesey, Jason Rocha and Andrew Sauers all tallied an assist.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Jefferson got on the scoreboard in the 47th minute, using a Livesey cross off a corner kick to Mokrejs.
• In similar fashion to the initial goal, Mokrejs took a cross off a corner to make it 2-0 in the 55th minute.
• Robe extended the separation in the 65th minute off a pass from Sauers to take a 3-0 lead.
• Buck found Reed in the 89th minute to create the final score.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia finished the match with 19 shots, nine on target, versus 20 for the host with nine on goal.
• Jefferson held a 6-4 advantage in corner kicks.