BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – The Concordia College (N.Y.) men's soccer team hosted Jefferson University on Saturday afternoon in Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) play, with neither side able to get on the scoreboard in 110 minutes for a 0-0 draw.
• Concordia moves to 5-6-2 overall, 5-4-1 in CACC play.
• Jefferson moves to 7-6-2, 6-4-2 in CACC action.
• Senior keeper Jaime Gonzalez (Madrid, Spain) stopped seven shots for the Clippers to record his first clean sheet of the season.
• Freshman forward Marlon Buck (Vienna, Austria) took a team-best six shots with three on goal.
• Junior midfielder Freddy Nava (Yonkers, N.Y.) took four shots with three on frame.
• For Jefferson, Jason Rocha fired five shots with four on targer while Kris Donaldson stopped seven Concordia shots.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• After 89 minutes without either side being able to score in a defensive battle, both sides created quality attempts before the end of regulation with Gonzalez diving to keep the visitors off the scoreboard in the final minute before a Nava attempt as time expired was saved by Donaldson.
• Nava took the lone shot attempt in the initial overtime period, with Donaldson stopping it.
• The Clippers offense took four-straight shots in the second overtime period before Jefferson was able to get close enough to fire one, with Gonzalez saving it.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia finished the match with 17 shots, seven on target, versus 12 for the Rams with seven on goal.
• Jefferson held a 5-2 advantage in corner kicks.
• Both sides received two cautions.
The Clippers host Post University in the final home match of the year on Tuesday, Oct. 23 at 3 p.m.