BLOOMFIELD, N.J. – Freshman forward Marlon Buck (Vienna, Austria) entered the Concordia College (N.Y.) men's soccer program's record book for goals in a season four minutes into the Clippers' Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) contest at Bloomfield College on Wednesday evening, adding another score to his season total in a 4-3 double-overtime loss to the host Bears.
• Concordia falls to 5-6-1 on the season and 5-4 in the CACC.
• Bloomfield improves to 5-8 overall with a 4-6 mark in the CACC.
• Buck scored two goals, giving him 13 on the season that ties Dylan Maycrink and Vinicious Parga's totals from 2000 for the eighth-most by a Clipper in a single season.
• Senior midfielder John Reed (Longford, Ireland) scored his third goal of the season.
• Junior midfielder Elad Katz (Tel Aviv, Israel) dished out a personal-best two assists.
• Sophomore forward Dennis Limani (Norderstedt, Germany) logged an assist.
• Senior keeper Jaime Gonzalez (Madrid, Spain) stopped four shots.
• For Bloomfield, Bryan Medina and Regsan Watkins both tallied a goal and assist while Toheeb Shodimu and Arman Bashiri added one goal with Adrian Smart and Dauda Kenneh dishing out one assist.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Buck scored an unassisted goal in the fourth minute to give the Clippers an early 1-0 advantage.
• Katz found Buck 45 seconds after his first goal to quickly put Concordia ahead 2-0.
• Bloomfield got on the scoreboard in the seventh minute on a Medina score off a pass from Smart.
• The hosts evened the score in the 15th minute with Medina passing to Shodimu to make it 2-2.
• Reed ended the high-scoring start to the match with a score 14:53 ticks into play to give the Clippers a 3-2 lead that would hold for the remainder of the half.
• Bloomfield knotted the score in the 70th minute using a pass from Kenneh to Watkins to make it 3-3 with neither side finding the back of the net for the remainder of regulation to send the match to overtime.
• The Bears netted the golden goal in the 105th minute with Bashiri scoring the game winner off a pass from Watkins.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia finished the match with 17 shots, 10 on target, versus 19 for the host with eight on goal.
• Bloomfield held a 10-2 advantage in corner kicks
• Concordia received three cautions while Bloomfield received four with one ejection.
The Clippers host Jefferson University on Saturday, Oct. 20 at 2:30 p.m. as part of the Concordia College Athletic Departments' 2018 Homecoming Schedule.