BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – The Concordia College (N.Y.) men's soccer team scored in the opening five minutes of play to take an early lead against Dominican College (N.Y.) on Wednesday afternoon and never looked back, besting the visiting Chargers 3-0 in Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) action.
• Concordia improves to 2-3-1, 2-2 in CACC play.
• Dominican drops to 2-4, 2-2 in the CACC.
• Freshman forward Marlon Buck (Vienna, Austria), the reigning CACC Rookie of the Week, posted his second multi-goal outing of the season with two scores on four shots.
• Senior midfielder Freddy Nava (Yonkers, N.Y.) scored his first goal of the season with two shots, both on target.
• Senior defender Chris Panzenbeck (Lindenhurst, N.Y.) recorded his first career assist.
• Sophomore forward Dennis Limani (Norderstedt, Germany) had one assist.
• Junior keeper Mario Lamacchia (Baldwin, N.Y.) earned his first win in goal, stopping two shots in the shutout-victory.
• For Dominican, Anthony Contero took a team-high three shots while Tyler Doll stopped four shots.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Concordia got on the scoreboard 4:11 ticks into play after Panzenbeck drove the ball down the field before crossing it to Buck for the opening score.
• After nearly 50 minutes of scoreless action, Limani found Nava in the 54th minute to double the Clippers' lead at 2-0.
• Concordia ended the scoring in the 61st minute, with Buck getting the rebound from Limani's penalty kick attempt and placing the ball past the Chargers' keeper.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia finished the match with 16 shots, seven on target, versus 11 for the Chargers with two on goal.
• Dominican held a 4-3 advantage in corner kicks.
• Concordia received three cautions while Dominican received two.
The Clippers stay at home to host Nyack on Tuesday, Sept. 25 at 3 p.m.