PREVIEW: Men’s Basketball Travels to Dominican on Saturday for Conference Showdown
BRONXVILLE, NY – Concordia will conclude their short two game road trip with a meeting against Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) foe, Dominican College on Saturday afternoon. Tip-off at the Hennessy Center in Orangeburg, NY is set for 3pm. The Chargers lead the all-time series 14-6 versus the Clippers since the 1972-73 season.
CONCORDIA VS. DOMINICAN
- Dominican won their first meeting 73-52 on Dec. 5, 1972 in Nyack, NY.
- Concordia is 0-7 all-time playing on the campus of Dominican.
- Since joining the CACC in 2009, the Clippers are 1-3 in conference games against the Chargers.
- Last season the two teams met three times with Dominican winning all three games.
- The last time the Clippers and Chargers met (Jan. 25, 2011) Dominican won 89-75 in Orangeburg, NY. Lavor Morris (Bronx, NY) came off the bench for Concordia to score a team high 20 points.
THE CONCORDIA COLLEGE CLIPPERS (4-2, 1-0 CACC)
- Picked to finish 6th in CACC North Division preseason poll.
- Began the season with four of their first five games against NE-10 opponents.
- First time since 1995-96 the Clippers have begun the season at or above .500 after the first six games.
- Junior Argelix Gil (Brooklyn, NY) leads the team in points per game (16.8) and rebounds per game (10.3).
THE DOMINICAN COLLEGE CHARGERS (4-1, 0-1 CACC)
- Picked to finish 2nd in CACC North Division preseason poll.
- Began the season with four straight wins before falling to conference opponent Caldwell on Wednesday night.
- Dominican is 2-1 at home this season and 2-0 away from the Hennessy Center.
- Cory Quimby (19.8 ppg) and Leon Porter (18.0) are the only players in double figures for points per game.
Fans unable to attend the game can follow the action via Live Stats.